OSB Quotes

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Homemade Iced Caramel Macchiato

As usual, I got bored one night and decided to make cupcakes.  I know, I lead a super exciting and adventurous life or I'm just really lucky that what I love to do I can do at home.  Anyways, I started out making myself a Caramel Macchiato, I knew those barista skills would come in handy one day!

Homemade Iced Caramel Macchiato

Makes one 16 ounce beverage

Ingredients

1/2 Cup Double Strength Brewed Coffee or 2 shots of Espresso 
1 Cup Ice Cold Milk
1 ounce Vanilla Syrup, I used Torani Brand Syrup or you can make your own
Ice
Caramel Sauce
Whipped Cream and Sugar Sprinkles (optional)

Directions

1. Brew your coffee, I used instant coffee from Trader Joe's so it only took about a minute.  
2. In a 16 ounce glass add your vanilla, milk and coffee.  If you want to get fancy, you can layer your drink by slowly adding your coffee on top of your milk and ice.  This works better if you use the espresso shots.
3. Add ice to fill the rest of your glass.
4.  Drizzle your caramel sauce in a cross hatch pattern on top of your beverage.
5.  If you like, top your Caramel Macchiato with whipped cream and sprinkles.
6. Finish with a straw and enjoy!

You can also make this drink hot.  In a small saucepan, attach a themometer and add your milk.  To make some yummy milk foam, whisk your milk as it heats up.  You're done when the milk temperature reaches 140 to 150 degrees.  Make sure to not overheat your milk or it will burn, it also doesn't smell very good.

For my next trick, I turned my delicious iced beverage into a cupcake! I'll be sharing this recipe in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment